Amendments to the Work Health and Safety Regulations for South Australia, including to air monitoring during asbestos removal, came into effect this month.
A demolition company and its two directors have been fined $16,000 for improperly demolishing a house which had asbestos-containing material.
SafeWork SA is reminding mine operators to develop, implement and maintain safe systems of work, after an explosives incident at an underground mine.
The infection-control product is designed to defend against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19), which may be present on healthcare surfaces.
Safe Work Australia has published resources for PCBUs working with respirable crystalline silica, after the workplace exposure standard for silica dust was halved.
SafeWork SA inspectors have commenced a proactive compliance campaign after suspending a class B removal licence for non-compliance.
SafeWork SA has suspended the licence for an asbestos assessor, after an investigation found that the assessor did not undertake proper clearance inspection.
UniPrint's antimicrobial film has recently passed certification that proves its efficiency in combating the viral load of coronaviruses.
Until 7 August, the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency is calling for public consultation on its draft Asbestos-Cement Water and Sewer Pipe Management Guidelines.
SafeWork SA will enforce a reduced workplace exposure limit for respirable crystalline silica from 1 July 2020.
Submersible pumping stations are convention, but not necessarily the safest option, nor the most cost effective over the life of a pumping station asset.
A Sydney-based concrete pumping facility and its director have been fined a total of $385,000 after a worker suffered fatal head injuries at a site in Fairfield.
A Victorian company has been charged with three offences under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, following an explosion and chemical fire at a warehouse.
The City of Armadale in Perth has been fined a total of $110,000 after a man was seriously injured by a front-end loader at a waste disposal site.
A December 2017 gas bottle explosion that left a worker permanently disabled has resulted in a $300,000 fine for a Victorian maintenance firm.