Electrical

Two NSW companies fined $1.05m over fatal electrocution

30 September, 2022

Two companies have been fined $600,000 and $450,000 after a young worker was fatally electrocuted while working on a warehouse roof in 2019.


WA tradie fined after wiring error causes electric shock

08 September, 2022

A WA tradesman has been fined $7500 after he mistakenly wired live parts of a shutter power cord into a mains power socket outlet, causing an electrician to receive a mild electric shock.


EXAIR High Lift Reversible Drum Vac

01 September, 2022 | Supplied by: Compressed Air Australia Pty Ltd

This vacuum is suitable for the recovery of fluids like coolant, hydraulic oils, sludge and chips, wastewater, tramp oil and liquid spills.


Important considerations for a lockout tagout system

23 August, 2022 | Supplied by: Blackwoods

Lockout tagout (LOTO) is a critical safety procedure used to ensure dangerous machines and energy sources are properly shut off or isolated.


Cirlock Lockout Tagout Padlocks

15 August, 2022 | Supplied by: Cirlock

The Cirlock Lockout Tagout Padlocks come in eight different colours with various shackle sizes and shackle types also available.


Transport company charged after worker suffers electric shock

29 June, 2022

A Victorian transport company has been charged after a worker was injured when a crane truck he was operating struck overhead powerlines.


Protect-Air ToolReg In-line Air Regulator

01 June, 2022 | Supplied by: Compressed Air Australia Pty Ltd

Factory set to prevent pressure changes, the ToolReg In-line Air Regulator is designed to be fully tamper-proof and ensure that only the required pressure is used for each individual pneumatic tool.


Schneider Electric PrismaSeT switchboard system

27 May, 2022 | Supplied by: Schneider Electric

The Schneider Electric PrismaSeT switchboard system features built-in cloud connectivity, for instant access to intelligent alarming and energy usage analysis.


Sparkies urged to help identify recalled LGES batteries

25 May, 2022

Installers of renewable energy systems have been urged to help consumers identify dangerous LGES-branded energy storage batteries, which can overheat and catch fire.


Safety alert issued over unlicensed electrical testing

17 May, 2022

Building and Energy has urged WA manufacturers to ensure that testing of electrical equipment above a certain voltage is only carried out by licensed electricians.


How hazardous area lighting improves underground mine safety

12 May, 2022 | Supplied by: Mineglow

Lighting is one of the most common causes of explosion ignition in high-risk mining environments.


WA network operator fined for inadequate testing procedures

27 April, 2022

Western Power has been fined for not providing adequate testing instructions, which could have prevented voltage rises that damaged electrical appliances at a Lacelin property.


Electrician fined for inadequate supervision

12 April, 2022

A Canning Vale electrician has been fined $5000 for failing to adequately supervise electrical work carried out by an apprentice under his supervision.


Western Power fined $30,000 for electric shock error

11 April, 2022

Western Power has been fined after an electric shock error caused four Kingsley homes to become live with up to 230 volts of electricity, with one man sustaining an electric shock.


Electrical risks in ceiling spaces prompt warning

07 April, 2022

Employers and electrical workers have been advised to implement control measures to control the risks of serious injury or fatality while working in ceiling spaces.


  • All content Copyright © 2022 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd