Putting fall protection safety first
Falls from height continue to be the largest single cause of fatal and life changing injuries for workers across industry! It is important to protect your workers with professional and easy-to-use solutions. The V-Series fall protection from MSA offers complete solutions for specific applications.
MSA fall protection offers complete protection that will meet your basic fall protection needs such as lightweight, low-profile, energy, and shock absorber that meet a wide range of customer needs.
MSA has been in the business of safety at height since 1930, with over 100 years in safety and over 40 years dedicated to fall protection. MSA is a key innovator in fall protection product design, research, and development. Today it is at the forefront of innovation in fall protection products. MSA is proud of its fall protection range and with the V-Series, we can assist you with all your fall arrest needs.
The V-Series lanyards line simplifies product selection by offering a concise line of lanyards that meet a wide range of customers’ needs. Reduce snag and trip hazards and increase worker flexibility with stretch style webbing. Abrasion-resistant cover for the energy absorber provides additional protection for increased service life. MSA also offering the Standard Adjustable Lanyard with Energy Absorbing to complete our new V-Series Lanyard product line.
Featuring MSA V-Series Lanyards — Stretch Shock Absorbing Lanyard & Standard Shock Absorbing Lanyard.
MSA V-Series Stretch Shock Absorbing Lanyard — Its lightweight and streamlined design offers complete protection while keeping arrest forces below AS/NZS limits. This lanyard is raising the standard for shock-absorbing lanyards. The main highlights are:
- Keeps average fall arrest forces below 900 lbs, Bungee style legs reduces snag or trip hazards on the job
- Features a new easy identifiable symbol system to indicate the type of lanyard
- Additional cover on energy absorber provides improved protection of label
MSA V-Series Standard Shock Absorbing Lanyard — Simplifies product selection by offering a concise line of standard lanyards that meet a wide range of customer needs. These lightweight safety lanyards not only limit force on the body in a fall, but also on the anchor location. The shock-absorbing pouch includes a clear, durable protective cover on the labels to increase service life and allow for easy inspection. The main highlights are:
- Meets CSA Z259.11-17 standard for shock absorbing safety lanyards
- CSA lightweight worker options available
- Meets ANSI/CSA/OSHA standard for shock absorbing safety lanyards
- Choice of single or twin leg configurations
- Choice of adjustable or fixed length options
Our fall protection solutions provide unparalleled protection on a wide range of buildings and structures, including construction, oil & gas, utilities, general industry, mining, manufacturing plants, warehouses, loading bays, and office complexes. Customers can choose from permanent installations such as horizontal, vertical, overhead, or ladder systems, to the flexible VersiRail for the occasional need, here we would like to share MSA’s Latchways fall protection system.
Horizontal Systems — Day-to-day maintenance, cleaning, access, and regular inspection deserve industry leading fall protection. MSA’s Latchways Horizontal Systems offer a total solution for safety at height industrial applications.
- Up to 5 simultaneous users
- Fix to virtually all types of structures and roofing systems, including vertical sections, and designed to follow the contours, bends, and inclines of your building
- No need to detach and re-attach with the continuous movement capabilities of MSA's Latchways unique Transfastener
- Constant Force technology or energy absorbers provide fall arrest protection
Overhead Systems — Maximum accessibility & hands-free mobility to safely go about your duties.
MSA Latchways overhead engineered lifeline systems combine unique knowledge of fall arrest load control with innovative constant force technology for a flexible, strong, durable, and easy-to-install solution. Ideal for: warehouses, loading bays, and general industrial environments.
- Change direction with ease
- Innovative Constant Force technology controls the load on the system in the event of a fall
- Reduce the number of costly ‘T’ bars and anchoring points with Constant Force technology’s ability to span 60m
Ladder Systems — Hands-free, personal safety for fixed industrial ladder applications, including chimneys, towers, cranes, and silos. MSA Latchways ladder systems are unobtrusive and lightweight, and stand up in the snow, ice, or other adverse weather conditions.
Falling down a ladder is not the same as falling backward off of a ladder. While traditional hoop systems may prevent a worker from falling backward off of a ladder, the hoops themselves present a significant threat should a worker fall down a ladder. A worker attached to an MSA Latchways ladder system is far less likely to be injured during the fall arrest process compared to a fall from a traditional hoop system.
VersiRail Guardrail System — Safety at height shouldn’t be an eyesore for your building. Restrict access to fall hazards with a sleek guardrail system that fully integrates into your building’s design.
- Available in 4 styles (straight, curved, inclined, and folding)
- Easy to install and transport due to the aluminium construction and EZ-FIX components
- Configurable to provide guarded walkways, roof edge guards, corner units, and end sections
- Applicable for use on flat roofs up to a maximum pitch of 4°
MSA delivers products that outperform industry standards by testing products beyond the requirements of relevant legislative standards. Independent testing is carried out to further verify the quality and durability of every system. MSA’s fall protection products help to keep workers safe when working at heights within the environments and are complemented by value-added services such as training, recertification, specification, and a fully integrated in-house customer service team. MSA’s in-depth knowledge in the industry allows for tailored solutions dependent upon project requirements. The inherent flexibility of fall protection products provides ideal fall arrest systems that can be designed and installed to follow often complex contours of every industry structures.
For more information, click here.
Selecting the correct fall arrest solution is critical; here, MSA Australia outlines where, when,...
Self-Retracting Lifelines (SRLs) are versatile and used across a wide range of industries,...
Do fall protection harnesses have a defined expiration date? The answer is both yes and no....