WorkSafe Victoria is investigating the death of a man in the cellar of a country hotel as he was delivering beer.
The Panametrics DF-140E oxygen analyser is designed to provide dependable and accurate oxygen measurements in a wide variety of environments, including outdoors (with Type 4X enclosure) and in explosive environments (with Type 7 remote-sensor enclosure).
The Biosystems IQ6 docking station is fully automated to perform bump tests and calibration, if necessary, of Biosystems PhD6 gas detectors.
WorkSafe Victoria has warned companies and workers of the dangers of working in confined spaces following the conviction and $500,000 fine served on a tank cleaning company after the death of one of its workers.
People are injured and killed when working in confined spaces, despite all of the warning, detection and protection equipment available. Safety regulators all around the world can accurately pinpoint how people are injured or die and the most common environments in which injuries and deaths occur. So with all those statistics about working in confined spaces and control measures, why do injuries and deaths still occur?
Protector Alsafe and Victoria University (VU) collaborated to provide an opportunity for a group of Diploma of OHS students to have a ‘hands-on’ approach in the investigation of a mock confined space incident.
The Siemens LDS6 laser gas analyser is helping to improve safety and save millions of dollars in damage repairs for the Tasmanian Electro Metallurgical company (TEMCO), a subsidiary of BHP Billiton that is located in Tasmania. It does this by alerting workers at the manganese ferro-alloy plant of an imminent furnace explosion and giving them sufficient time to prevent it.
The OdaLog H2S Logger was developed specifically to measure concentration levels of hazardous hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S) for the odour-management requirements of the wastewater industry, primarily at or close to the source of H2S emissions, such as within sewerage pumping stations and receiving manholes.
A truck driver lost his life when a plastic kettle melted and set fire to the cab of his prime mover.