Electrocution on roof kills young worker


Friday, 18 January, 2019


Electrocution on roof kills young worker

A 19-year-old worker has been killed after he was electrocuted on the roof of a Melbourne home on Tuesday, 15 January 2019.

It is thought that the man was electrocuted while installing an air conditioner on the roof of the two-storey Plumpton dwelling.

WorkSafe Victoria is investigating.

The fatality brings the number of workplace deaths this year to three, compared to one at the same time last year.

Image credit: ©iStockphoto.com/Nikita Rogul

Related News

Safety fears over unsupervised electrical apprentices

Multiple instances of apprentices performing electrical work without supervision have been...

$60K fine for food retailer over injured worker offences

A $60,000 fine has been issued to a food retailer over seven offences it committed with regards...

Suicide victims often hide suicidal thoughts: study

People who die by suicide do not necessarily express their suicidal thoughts to health...


  • All content Copyright © 2019 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd