Converting to a national certificate

Sunday, 26 February, 2006

Conversion to a National Certificate of Competency (NCOC) will mean changes for many workplaces. As of June 30 2006, all pre-96 safety licences will not be recognised.

If the licence was issued in NSW before 1996 and you have the original, you will need to complete an application for conversion and a proof of identity form plus the identity documents (or certified versions) you have nominated in the proof of identity form.

If you do not have the original documentation, then you will need to complete a replacement form if there is an equivalent National Certificate of Competency and a proof of identity form plus the documents you have nominated in the proof of identity form.

Present this documentation at any WorkCover Office and pay the $30 fee, or send it to WorkCover NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252.

NOTE: State licences ie, Explosive Power Tools and Falsework/Formwork will not be converted.

If you have not lodged after this date you can only operate under the requirements of a logbook and you will have to apply for a full reassessment through a private assessor in order to obtain a NCOC.

For more information visit: WorkCover NSW

Related News

Safety and sustainability award

The opportunity for Australian companies to go head to head against the world's best in...

Robotic tank inspection technology with safety benefits

Furphy Engineering will be launching a robotic tank inspection technology with a range of safety...

Tips to combat lower back pain caused by sedentary work life

Physiotherapy expert provides his top five tips for easing the symptoms of back pain at work.

  • All content Copyright © 2022 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd