Wastewater company tops national safety awards
A Perth wastewater company has beaten some of Australia's largest companies to win the title of Australia's safest workplace.
Sunset Coast Water took out the major award in the 2008 National Safety Council of Australia's (NSCA) SKILLED Group National Safety Awards of Excellence.
The awards are held annually to recognise outstanding workplace safety initiatives.
Sunset Coast Water received the 2008 ExxonMobil Award for Excellence in OHS for a risk management system that has helped achieve 450,000 hours work with no lost time or medical treatment injuries.
The other awards and winners were:
- Telstra Business Excellence Through OHS&E Management Award: Winner: Fairfield City Council in Fairfield, NSW
- Boeing Best Implementation of a Specific OHS Management System Award:
Winner: Sunset Coast Water in Perth, WA;
Highly commended: Lubrizol International in Silverwater, NSW
- John Holland Group Construction Industry OHS Award:
Winner:Leighton Contractors in Ipswich, Qld
- Railcorp Best OHS Training Program:
Winner: Lubrizol International in Silverwater, NSW
- Best Solution of an OHS Specific Workplace Risk Award:
Winner: RoadTek in Brisbane, Qld
Highly commended: Alcoa Australia Rolled Products in Yenora, NSW
- National Safety Magazine Best Communication of a Safety Message Award:
Winner: MB Century Drilling in Wacol, Qld
Highly commended: CitiPower and Powercor Australia in Melbourne, Vic
- NSCA Member of the Year:
Winner: Investa Asset Management in Sydney, NSW
Safe Work Australia has launched a campaign to raise awareness of occupational lung disease.
The Australian Border Force is taking action against the importation of building materials at...
The Queensland Government will invest $5 million in research to protect workers from occupational...