Man killed by gas explosion in work ute


Tuesday, 07 August, 2018

Man killed by gas explosion in work ute

A gas explosion safety alert has been issued by the ACT Work Safety Commissioner following the tragic death of a man from a gas explosion that occurred in a work vehicle parked outside a school in Canberra late on 2 August 2018.

Preliminary investigations indicate that an acetylene gas bottle leaked into a compartment at the back of a work ute and an ignition source has caused an explosion, tragically killing the driver who was standing next to the vehicle.

The ACT Work Safety Commissioner has issued a gas explosion safety alert as a reminder to everyone responsible for the storage and transportation of gas cylinders.

Image credit: ©stock.adobe.com/au/Scanrail

Related News

Asbestos-cement water pipe management guidelines released

ASEA has released guidelines to help water and sewerage providers reduce the risk of exposure to...

WA releases dangerous goods safety guide

The guide is specifically designed for consignors of dangerous goods packages below placard load...

SWA releases guidance to reduce exposure to ultraviolet radiation

Safe Work Australia has released a fact sheet to help persons conducting a business or...


  • All content Copyright © 2022 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd