Worksites of the future on display at new event
Drones, productivity apps, autonomous control, robotics and virtual reality are all helping to improve efficiencies and reduce costs within the civil construction sector.
The Tech Show Zone will be divided into three forward-thinking components:
- The worksite of the future
- The jobs of the future
- The infrastructure of the future
It will look at how innovations in these areas are reducing reactive maintenance costs and resetting benchmarks for optimal machine performance.
Attendees will gain exposure to a range of new and emerging technologies and leave with a deeper understanding of infrastructure-enhancing materials; safety and productivity breakthroughs; inventive wearables; and the ‘smart’ worksites of the future.
Free seminars will also highlight new products that have been specifically designed with construction operations and workforces in mind.
- Advancements in locating technologies
- Developments in ground penetrating radar (GPR) technology
- Improvements in high-pressure filtration filter press equipment for silt management
- Innovations within acidic environments in the mining heap leaching process
- What you need to know about fire suppression on machines to be compliant with Australian Standards
- Apps and software that can remove all paperwork from the field
- Measurement of ground vibrations in the construction industry
- Latest news in digital worksites
- Breakthroughs in road plates
- And many other important tech discussions.
Technologies are changing rapidly and workers in civil contracting (Tier 1, 2 and 3), engineering, demolition or earthmoving, local or state government, or quarrying need to keep up to date with the latest innovations or risk falling behind.
The Tech Show Zone is one part of the larger free-to-attend NCEC exhibition that will host more than 100 major construction brands.
The National Construction Equipment Convention (NCEC) is running from 15–17 November at Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park. For more information or to register, visit ncecaustralia.com.au.
A Melbourne truck driver who saved a fellow driver from a fire has been recognised for his quick...
The 27 finalists for the 2018 WorkSafe Awards have now been announced.
International standard for guiding a systems-based approach to occupational health and safety...