The National Safety Council of Australia is accepting nominations for the National Safety Awards of Excellence.
The awards are open to any Australian operating business, organisation, alliance or individual in the public or private sector with a workplace health and safety or environment initiative that complies with one of the seven categories. Nominations close 5 pm (AEST) 29 June 2012.
2012 nomination categories include:
- Best Implementation of an OHS Management System, sponsored by Lend Lease
- Best Solution of an OHS Workplace Risk, sponsored by Rio Tinto
- Best OHS Training Program, sponsored by mytraining.net
- Best Communication of a Safety Message, sponsored by Safe Work Australia
- Best Environmentally Sustainable Work Practice or Solution, sponsored by Queensland Rail
- Business Excellence through OHS&E Management, sponsored by ExxonMobil
- Best Workplace Health & Wellbeing Program, sponsored by BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance
Through a formal judging process, organisations that have achieved excellence in their field of work through the introduction, development or improvement of health, safety and environment standards, will be recognised for their initiatives. Winners and finalists will be formally recognised at the 20th National Safety Awards presentation lunch on 11 October 2012 in Sydney.
The key objectives of the awards are: to recognise high standards of safety by Australian organisations and individuals; promote the winning submissions as examples of best practice OHS&E; increase awareness of the NSCA’s vision and commitment to safety.