Centralised safety management system for growing business
Monday, 11 September, 2017 | Supplied by: SCRIM Safety First
REMONDIS Australia provides waste management services to residents and businesses with a fleet of more than 750 waste collection and waste handling vehicles, employing 1000 employees and contractors at its sites across Australia. Prior to the implementation of SCRIM Online, health and safety management for the organisation’s 10 sites was done in Microsoft Excel. When the organisation grew to managing more than 30 sites, it needed multiuser access to a centralised reporting system.
The company chose to implement a cloud-based health and safety management system to overcome any potential internal IT resourcing and infrastructure constraints and allow for a swift rollout.
In choosing a new system the organisation used the following criteria:
- Ease of use and integration with what users are already familiar with such as Microsoft Office Excel and Outlook.
- Ease of access by non IT savvy users while on the road from their mobile devices.
- Compliance with the international standard for health and safety reporting, OHSAS 18001.
REMONDIS chose the SCRIM Online Australia system, which has more than 47 health and safety modules that are all available through a web browser or mobile application both in online and offline mode for areas with limited to no network coverage. The company started its system rollout with the implementation of the following modules:
- Incident management.
- Incident investigations.
- Corrective actions.
- Hazard and audit modules.
Prior to rollout, REMONDIS worked closely with the SCRIM consultants to tailor the SCRIM Online system and training materials to reflect the organisation’s terminology, processes and procedures. It developed its own manual to ensure that management can report incidents consistently.
In the current set-up, the organisation’s regional HSEQ advisors provide training and support to the regions.
“Our supervisors and managers use the SCRIM Online reporting portal extensively. This allows REMONDIS to effectively monitor incidents and implement improvement programs,” REMONDIS Australia National HSEQ Manager Oliver Werger said.
REMONDIS received the following instant benefits after the rollout of SCRIM Online as the system provided:
- full transparency on incident reporting and incident root causes;
- reduction of incidents by setting risk reporting benchmarks and criteria;
- real-time, national visibility on health and safety reporting;
- the ability to identify which operational activities cause the highest number of incidents, which allows REMONDIS to focus its training and prevention;
- reporting on both the actual as well as potential severity of incidents aids in tailoring improvement programs accordingly;
- weekly reporting for a large number of operational activities that is quick and detailed. It supports middle and senior management in developing and promoting a strong safety culture.
SCRIM is an OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS-4801 compliant health and safety management system that is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Office and based on Microsoft Dynamics.
Phone: 02 9977 1077
The Bestech Australia 8431 and 8432 precision miniature load cells are designed for precise...
The Emerson PolyOil jar handling clamp can be used for drilling, DST jars, coil tubing and...
The Reer Safegate type 4 range of safety light curtains are suitable for the protection of a...